Saturday, August 30, 2008

Brother-Super Quilter

I have been asked what my super quilter looks like...I am in the process of loading a quilt today so decided to take some photo's. This is a Super Quilter Original and a Brother 1500 sewing machine. I had handi handles and used them for a while but then decided to get a Quilters Cruise Control. You cannot use both but I kept the frames and handles and it took care of the wires.






















This is where I hide myself away with my Janome 6500 and my new desk purchased from Tony's in Sanford. Very comfortable studio for me. I had a cabinet and installed 2 thread holderes and a whiteboard with one side cork so I can write or pin instuctions at eye level. I also put a shelf underneath my new cabinet. So comfy I am.....

3 comments:

Beth French said...

Oh, thanks for a peek into your sewing room, Margo. It sure looks like a happy place to work. Is that your Freddy Moran quilt on the wall? It is a beauty!

Diane said...

Great setup for machine quilting. Can I ask you what is the purpose of the curtain rod? I have a grace frame with a brother 1500s and am always looking for new ideas.

Diane

SueR said...

I'm sorry to hear you've been having so much trouble with the tension on your Brother, Margo. Have you got it fixed yet? Tension is such a mystery to me.... Did you see my table from Tony's? I love, love, love this table!! My insert is finally coming in this week--they've shipped it! I wanted to do Bonnie's mystery, but just too much else on my plate right now. I love her quilts because they do use up tons of scraps!