Rain , rain go away ..
Come back some other day!
This is what the kids use to sing...it has rained for at least 2 weeks....and yesterday and today the sun did shine but there was a shower each day...it makes for dreary days....
Friday was cleaning day...my granddaughter Allison helps me but it is so hard when it is dark and dreary so I put all the lights on in the house to brighten it up and give the feel of sunshine.
Saturday my husband spoke at a men's meeting in the morning and then we were off to the Skowhegan Fair....we watched the truck and tractor pulls and ate dough bread and sausage sandwiches...you know the junk food you have once in a while that tastes good when going down but makes you feel yucky afterwards. The deal for me was that if I could go to quilt store first I would go. He wanted to go to the farm store so it was a swap off. I bought 5 yards of light grey with a swirl pattern in it, a quilters rule with markings for 16th inches and a product I have not tried before 'Mary Ellen's Best Press' it is a clear starch alternative. I had seen it at the quilt show and the lady assured me it worked wonders on bias. So of course, I said I had to have it..at least I will try it.
After church today we rode to Camden...it is a pretty little village and the clouds in the sky were pretty amazing as they are bringing in another storm and of course, I did not have my camera so needless to say there are no pictures.
You can see I have been busy and have not done any quilting but tomorrow I will try to conquer some things.
If you want to see what the flooding looks like...Sue, my friend has a link on her website and it will show you what a road being washed away...pretty amazing.
http://www.wmtw.com/video/17144859/index.html
No comments:
Post a Comment