Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Strippy Quilt

I copied this pattern 'My favorite quick donation quilt' by Mary Johnson online and not sure where. It is one of those things you see and know you would like to do and place in a stack 'until'. I visited Marden's recently...'all Maine girls know where that is'...you can get great fabric...great prices....if you hit it right and know your material...so bought 1 yard each of focus fabric...tone on tone and an accent piece. A lady ahead of me was purchasing these and I simply said 1 yd each...easy purchase...no struggle....don't you love it.. Below is a close up...it was fun to do....I bought some tiger prints at our local quilt show and will do some for my twin grandsons (10 years old) and make matching pillow cases...they are something they do not have to be careful with.
I have 6 tops ready to be quilted..just purchased a Quilters Cruise Control for a short-arm and practicing some different designs...practice makes perfect...Right!!

Pattern is:
1 yard of a focus fabric - cut 5 strips 6.5 inches by WOF
3/4 yard of tone on tone - cut 6 strips 3 inches by WOF
(1 yard if you use this fabric for binding)
1/2 yard of accent fabric - cut 10 strips 1.5 inches by WOF
(1 yard if you use this fabric for binding)

  • Assemble as shown in the picture above - please note that the top and bottom strips do not have accent strips sewn on the outside edges of the quilt
  • If focus fabric is directional, pay attention as you sew sections together.
  • Quilt size is approximately 41 x 56.

This is the basic instructions but you can add to them ...change width etc...lots of options.

If you choose to make one have fun and it is so quick. My friend Sue has made some also and you can check her blog out...

http://northwindsquilting.blogspot.com/2008/07/bug-strippy-2.html

2 comments:

Candace said...

Very pretty quilt, liking the strippies more and more, and I didn't think I liked green, but I'm liking it more and more too.

Patty said...

I really like this pattern. As soon as I saw it, my mind was thinking of whats in my stash that would work. Thanks for sharing it. I love your colors and I am not a green person usually