Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Star BOM #1

Well it is midnight here in Maine and I have conquered the #1 Block of the Month that Judy Laquidara is posting. Realized after I took picture I did not take it straight on but my points are there. I had never worked with 1/16 of an inch before...I think this is going to stretch me a little....most everything is on 'bias' .....but I will conquer...Also was not sure about the colors I chose but I think it will give it punch when done... thanks Judy for the challenge.

It is Monday August 11 and I decided that I did not like the background I had chosen as it was too directional ....so I purchased the same light gray but with a different dynamic to it...I also used 'Mary Ellen's Best Press' The clear starch alternative on the bias pieces and had a much easier time doing this second one...I used the same center and the green I had used previously.. I think I am finally pleased with it...


11 comments:

Julie said...

I really like it - the blue is wonderful against those yellows that you chose.
Julie in Oregon

Judy L. said...

Love your colors! Think how confident you'll be after working with all these 1/16ths of an inch. I promise the first 2 blocks are the hardest and it's all much easier after those two.

Perry said...

Looks good! Your colors are strong and will make a wonderful quilt!

Anonymous said...

Love your block. Yes, those 16th measurements do stretch our quilting skill, but oh so much fun to learn something new.
Dot in beautiful northeast GA

Anonymous said...

I love it, the colors are fantastic!

Luckybear said...

Your block came looks great. I really like the colors and look forward to seeing the rest of the fabrics.

Gail said...

Love the bright blue against the bright green, great color combination.

Anonymous said...

Good for you Margo! I love the colors! I worked on mine yesterday - boy, those 16ths are going to be my undoing! My rulers have the marks - my eyes are not so sure! LOL

SueR said...

I was up until darn near midnight making mine too! I couldn't tell if that was blue or purple in the photo, but it looks good.

Julie in the Barn said...

I haven't done my block #1 yet but your beautiful block has given me confidence to give it a try.

Anonymous said...

lovely, and what great work.