
We have dear friends in Florida Wayne and Marilyn. We celebrated our 50th wedding anniversary and decided we would visit them. I wanted to make something for her as she has a servants heart and is always giving to other's. It needed to be something simple as when we get older we do not need a lot of 'stuff'. Whenever I picture her it is with a cup of tea. I got this book 'Teapots to applique' by Kay MacKenzie. I purchased the material for the teapot and the rest of it came as a gift from a quilt shop that our group visited. Would you believe it had cups and saucers, the reds and browns. I appliqued the teapot and then finished hand quilting the background in hatching. (guess that is what you call it) I am not really up on the quilting lingo that everyone uses. How perfect it was and fit over an old cabinet they call a 'pie safe' that was stained brick red with punched tin in the doors. She added a couple of teapots that blended and it made a statement.
1 comment:
This quilt is one of my personal favorites. It is so beautifully designed and executed. Bravo.
Post a Comment