My husband and I celebrated 50 years of marriage in January of this year. Sometimes you forget the ones you love the most. I thought I would make him a quilt. It is called 'Giant Star Quilt' made at a quilter's retreat last year.If you look close those are small cow figures. He has owned cows since he was 14 years old. I always told the Lord I did not want to marry a farmer. But.....I met him and fell in love and my story is, "I never smelled the stink on him". We have laughed about that for years. If you have ever been around a farm it is a smell that is very distinct. We raise beef cows and have our own meat which is a real blessing.
A workshop was being held and I collected my materials and made this quilt.And when I gave it to him he said, 'he had been praying I would make him one'. Not sure why he just did not ask me. He has been my most encouragement for buying my sewing machines and short arm quilter. So now he has his quilt and uses it most every day as we sit in our leather swival rocking chairs with our wood furnace keeping us warm and many times find ourselves taking a snooze.
2 comments:
That is so true. My husband waited for a quilt from me for years too; and he's been my biggest fan and supported everything I wanted to do. I finally got one made for him last year, and he absolutely loves it. I am binding another one right now that is taking second place with him; and I'll put them both up on my blog when I finish the binding.
Hey Margaret, I love your site. Richard's quilt is beautiful! We love you!! Pam
Post a Comment