
I bought the yellow and blue moda fabrics and then designed the flowers and hand appliqued them. I had this quilt in mind for myself but then felt inspired to make it for my niece, Tracy 41 who had been fighting cancer for a long time.
She graduated in 2003 with her bachelors's degree in nursing while raising 2 teen age daughters. She worked as a head nurse until unable to continue. She showed courage to wage the battle every day and was an inspiration to every one around her.
The quilt finished I took it to her in June when she was very ill and she just hugged it and said it felt so good. She told me while laying taking her treatments she saw herself running through a field of blue flowers, arms outstretched so full of joy. Her favorite colors were blue, yellow. I did not know that, but the God she served did, the whole border was full of tiny blue flowers. He gave me the name 'Heavenly Sunshine' She lost her battle in Oct, 2007. She was an inspiration to me and will always be treasured in my heart.
How important quilts are to those who are ill. I remember hearing of an ABC anchorman who was injured in Iraq receiving a quilt. His wife being told how important that would be to him.
1 comment:
I am so sorry about your niece, Margo. Her quilt was just beautiful, and I'm sure she got a lot of comfort from it.
Post a Comment