Our church youth were doing a fun raiser for missions. I saw this doll crib and decided to purchase. It sat in my closet for about 3 years and my intention was to give it to one of my grandchildren. But they had some so I began to ask the Lord what to do with it and He spoke and gave me the name of a family in my church. They were going to come pick it up and I got to thinking little girls need bedding and a blanket. So I looked through my 'stash' and made a mattress -quilt and pillow. Ms. Kathryn now has a complete bed for her dolly. It is more blessed to give than to receive. It was a joy to do this.
The following is what I include in all my quilts...I use pictures of hearts and overlay this message and print out directions unique for each person. This is the one for Kathryn
HAPPY BIRTHDAY - KATHRYN
I am a quilt to keep your dolly warm. But when you have the need to wash me
I am a quilt to keep your dolly warm. But when you have the need to wash me
(pillow, mattress and quilt) throw me in the washer on gentle and
slightly swish me around in cool water. You can dry me in the dryer on low heat,
but do not put me in the sun as I fade quickly as I am all cotton.
…If you take care of me
I will last a long time…I have been made with love. Enjoy!
February, 2008
February, 2008
2 comments:
Wow, Margo, you were a busy blogger today, and I sure enjoyed reading all your entries. I've only seen maybe three of your quilts at quilt group, had no idea you'd done so many lately.
What a nice job you did on the quilt and I love the colors.. U do a beautiful job on your quilts..It's late I'll read more tomorrow..
Blessings Brenda
Post a Comment