Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Eagle Pic for classroom


My son came home excited from Tn. with panels of Eagle scene material that he had found on sale and had bought the whole thing It sat for over a year in my studio as I was wondering what to do with it. When you make quilts from scratch what do you do with panels. Just did not seem like much of a challenge. A lot of options went through my head and finally I made 3 throw pillows and this picture about 45x50". I simply put a border on it and stitched it on my super quilter.. did some fussy stitching edging the border with a fancy stitch with my Janome 6500.
Eagles are so impressive soaring with their huge wings above the storm clouds. I am reminded of the scripture in Isaiah 40:31, 'Those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint'.
This will go into a 5th grade classroom in Tn. I boxed it up Monday and off it went. Now I still have 2 more panel and he wants a throw....our kids are always our kids no matter how old they are and mom can do anything!! (smile) What joy we find in doing for them.

No comments: