Saturday, March 22, 2008

My Rendition Sampler & thoughts

Here is another UFO finished!!
I call this My Rendition Sampler. It's Middle section layout was designed by Koleen Painchard. It was part of a workshop that I took at her studio. I added the 4 patch and 4" border and quilted on my super quilter. I think I have finally wrapped my brain around 'how to' use my quilter and really enjoyed doing this one. I have a brother sewing machine and it is very tempermental and likes certain needles, thread and absolutely no lint and it has to be threaded exactly and then you have to deal with putting each layer on and attaching it to the leaders. I float both the batting and the top. This is different than suggested but works for me. I also learned how to finish the binding a different way than I normally do and the process looked better and was easier than anything I ever tried. You can find it detailed on my friend, Sue's blog. http://northwindsquilting.blogspot.com/ . You will also find a lot of other neat things she is doing.

This quilt I call a 'utility quilt' and will be on my couch. The grandchildren will make tents, toss it around etc. It is fun to watch them gather all the afghans, quilts etc and begin to lay them out so they are completely enclosed under the various furniture they use. Aren't grand kids a JOY!

This will be my last entry until I return from attending the Quilters Heritage Celebration in Lancaster, PA. About 12 of us fellow quilters will be a part of a group of30 riding on a bus for about 10-11 hours. What fun!! Shopping! Eating! Laughing! and probably not much sleep...

Yesterday were very strong winds..today it is 26 degrees and the sun is shining and of course we are looking for signs of Spring, the flowers are peeking their heads up in some places and the greenery is starting to show ever so slightly. It always amazes me that in the Fall the leaves fall and the next leaf is there waiting it's timing to spring forth. Such a joy to watch and experience the wonders of nature as everything starts to live again after the cold, dark, lifeless winter.

2 comments:

Patty said...

Have a wonderful time in Lancaster. Love the quilt, its just perfect to wrap up in

SueR said...

Margo, you've done a beautiful job with your quilt, and I really like the quilting. Sooner or later I'll get to try my new Lizzie out! Where, where did you see a flower? I am still seeing just snow in our yard. See you Tuesday on the bus!!