Friday, May 9, 2008

My quilt & Thoughts

'Today is the first day of the rest of my life', that is a saying that has been around for awhile and I have often quoted it realizing that our days go very fast. Today it is 62 degrees and a little overcast, but nevertheless a wonderful day to be alive. Yesterday was a nerve wracking day as I had an MRI but everything is fine. I had cancer in 1997 and decided to go the natural way and changed my diet, took a lot of herb's and PRAYED and God healed me. I never had surgery but it is always in the back of your mind especially with so many people that you know having to face the fight of their lives. I feel life is a gift from above and what I do is important each day. So onward and upward...I am doing this quickly as I am going to get one of my twin grandson's for overnight and that is always so special... Many times my grandchildren kept me going with those unconditionally hugs. What a joy, Allison, 12, Jacob and Joshua, 9 and they live just down the road. I have two grown grandsons in Tn. How special they are and what a gift to Grandma.

I finished my Bareroots wall hanging with the 'perfect binding' that I demonstrated at our quilt show. I was so anxious to hang that I have not put a sleeve on it yet. I just stuck some pins in it to attach to a hanger I had....and hung on my door in the livingroom...not sure where it will make its final home...hours of embroidery were put into this but I am very pleased with the result.


1 comment:

Patty said...

Praise God for the blessing of a good MRI !
Love the bareroots wall hanging, so pretty