Sunday, May 18, 2008

Beauty of nature

This Sunday morning I came upstairs to my office and looked out my window to this wonderful display of clouds and the sun was trying to peek through...what an awesome sight! The splendour of nature!This is a crab apple tree in front of my house. I have watched it for years, and in the ice storm we had a few years ago, I saw it bow down under the load of ice but, it always rises and gives off this wonderful display of beauty each year. It is not quite in full bloom as yet but so enjoyable to me to watch. Scene is taken from my house across to the other side of the road where our barn and more property are.Friday morning I went to our local park and just enjoyed the beauty of nature. It was so quiet, only a mother and her child sitting on the grass. It is not a big park and is located next to my old high school (which is no longer there) I attended and I remember walking around and around the path every day with friends at lunch time. It brings back lots of memories. Sometimes it is good just to take 'me time' as I call it and have no plans, and just relax and enjoy the moment and beautiful surroundings given to each of us.
When coming from work on Thursday I drove around this park and saw these beautiful tulips and decided to get a picture. They have started to pass their prime time but nevertheless are beautiful.

I am thankful this morning just to have eyes to see His beauty everywhere I look. What a blessing to me. "One thing I have desired ot the Lord. That will I seek. That I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life. To behold the beauty of the Lord and to inquire in His temple" Psalm 27:4

2 comments:

morningDove said...

I love your pics and thoughts of just "being" with nothing planned or intended. I also love that scripture quote - one thing i desire. Aren't we so blessed to have eyes to see.

Candace said...

I appreciate your sharing your appreciation. It is inspiring, and your pictures are beautiful.