Saturday, May 31, 2008

A Wild Rose Quilt


I finished the top of the 'Wild Rose Quilt', needle turned applique, still needs to be put on the short-arm quilter. ANOTHER UFO ALMOST CONQUERED! It fits very well on a single bed. I was not sure what to use for the the borders and have had lots of wonderful suggestions. A couple of Saturday's ago a group of my friends and I went to breakfast and then on to Cotton Weeds in Freeport and I finally purchased the final border that picks up the various colors I used.

We had a fun time, after breakfast and shopping we ended up checking out the lawn sales on the way home and made some great purchases...I could not fit anymore in my car. We laughed and agreed it was a wonderful day. I have been fighting a very fierce physical condition and have been home for most of the week unable to even work. I am on strong meds. and they make me very sleepy and on and on it goes. I prefer Herb's but it got a hold of me and I needed something immediate. Well enough of that.


The beginning of each year I ask the Lord for a scripture for that year. He has always been faithful in speaking to my heart. This year 2008 was, 'In Him I live and move and have my being'. Acts 17:28a. I need to always remember that He walks with me and I am hid in Him and safe no matter what is going on around me there is peace in the midst of the storm.


I have added one of my favorite bushes that I can see out my kitchen window... it is very picturesque with the greenery so bright and the cows in the pasture, watching the baby calves are fun to watch interacting with their mother and one another.

No comments: