This is 'Climbing Vines' taken from Thimbleberries guide for Weekend Quilters. My friend, Bren and I decided to do a quilt together in 2006. A weekend quilt sounded good to us. We shopped for material and then proceeded to cut it out. I am a camper so took mine along and did some work on it and just kept on going. Obviously it took a little longer than planned. The needle turn applique itself took lots of hours and I have tried several ways but my preference is using freezer paper and then turning it under with a toothpick or the needle itself. This is a quick pic so I could show it to my friend and let her see 'it is finally done'. Her's is still waiting in the wings to be finished. Quilting was done by Ann Hussey. I opted not to do it myself as I wanted to hang in our quilt show and felt stressed as the time was drawing near. Another UFO done!!!

Close up.
4 comments:
It is stunning, Margo. Your blue background works so well, just beautiful.
Absolutely Gorgeous!! Ann did a great job quilting it too! Can't wait to see it 'hung' in the show!!
Beautiful quilt, great job. I also love your blog.
I really enjoyed seeing this quilt at the show. You did a good job getting the curves on the vines to flow so nicely. Like your fabric choices, too.
Post a Comment