A few months ago I saw Jean Wells demonstrating her 'Portraits FROM NATURE'. You know how you see something and it quickens within you. Her suggestion was to start a portfolio of photo's and create a sketchbook to build a collection of flower's, trees etc. She describes how to applique, embellish and bind the portrait's and how to machine quilt the background. I just love the technique so am beginning to collect photo's of flowers (pictured below). I have done some sketching of my own ideas. Who knows where this adventure will lead. A quilters mind is always working and planning. I also will begin to look for just that 'right' fabric.
Pansies in my window box. I can see them when I sit in my leather swivel recliner in my living room. They have such pretty faces and bring much joy to my heart.
As a flower of the field, so he flourishes. Psm. 103:15
Pansies in my window box. I can see them when I sit in my leather swivel recliner in my living room. They have such pretty faces and bring much joy to my heart.As a flower of the field, so he flourishes. Psm. 103:15


Hibiscus - the plant was given to me by Bruce and Vickie, son and daughter- in -law 

3 comments:
what a wonderful idea
The colors alone are an inspiration, aren't they? That book sounds so interesting. I just ordered Jane Davila's Art Quilt Workshop; that "quickened" me when I saw it on The Quilt Show!
Thanks for including My Little Dollhouse on your list. And thanks for your wonderful blog!
Beth
What a lovely view, I'd never leave my chair.
Post a Comment