Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Starlight Snowman

The inspiration for this quilt was from 'Under cover' by Pearl Louise Designs. This was a project at Casey Spring Retreat held the first of this month. I veered from the pattern on the top part using a panel. I was determined that this was not going into my pile to quilt. I quilted it free hand learning some new designs. I did not do it really close as I wanted it to feel supple. Size is 53x80. Close up below.
I made stars for the sky. It does not really show up but you get the idea. The fabric had stars in it.

2 comments:

Elsie Montgomery said...

Nice colors and color contrasts in this one. Good for you...starting and finishing! I could use some of that discipline...

SueR said...

I like that panel, and your quilt looks so nice. Good on you for finishing it!!