On Thursday we left Gardiner at 8:15am and visited the first five shops and had lunch at Mike's Clam Shack. We got home around 8:00pm. It was a long day but we all agreed it was wonderful.
Today we finished off the last 3 shops and had lunch at the famous Moody's diner in Waldoboro and arrived back in Gardiner late afternoon at Kay's home. Of course we had to have a cup of coffee/tea and have 'show and tell'. It is amazing what others see and buy that you never saw. There was great variety. I made more purchases than planned buying something at every shop. I am starting to make miniatures so of course had to have a book and found two to begin my mini library. 'Scrap Miniature Magic' by Christine Carlson and 'Flip-flop paper piecing' by Mary Kay Mouton. I bought reds/blue for the miniatures, browns and reds, greens and gold for the shop hop hanging. A Classic Motifs craft holder hanger that I use for many of my small wall hangings, Also, Spring Meadow collection by Moda for my great-granddaughter's, Olivia's 8th birthday. She wants to learn to quilt so thought that would be a good challenge for her to learn to lay them out..she already has been doing little things. Also Nana's Flower Patch 14" x 14" pattern and the fabrics, tiny buttons and Sandcastle(a heavy material) that is used for the background which I had never heard of. Then some renegade fabrics that I added to my stash. An All-in-One Ruler for my minis. And a big red button for a bag that I had made. So all in all it was great.
Below is Cindy the owner of Busy Thimble in Litchfield with the center block of the quilt that each shop displayed. We received the center pattern at the end plus a little bag of threads, scissors, needles, etc. The Block Tool was used for the various other blocks and all were different depending on the shop.
Cindy is the lady that really taught me how to quilt. I took classes at our local HS and her shop. What I like is that she would tell you how she would do something but also show you other ways and then allow you to decide. Thank you Cindy, for the joy that quilting brings to me and it is because you were so gracious in teaching me.



4 comments:
Looks like you had a fun day! I'll be interested in a review of the miniature book.
Very nice write-up of the Shop Hop, Margo; and of course it's always fun to see what goodies everyone came home with! I am looking forward to seeing more of your miniatures.
Wow, how talented you are!
Thanks for stopping by my blog today.
I have never done a shop hop before. Sounds like you had a very good time. Your miniatures are really nice. I'm not sure I will ever try miniatures. But I always say never say never. Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting. Blessings to you.
Post a Comment