Sunday, April 5, 2009

Tacoma Projects

Our Tacoma quilt group had a demonstration of 'miniature quilts'. This was the first time that Kayleen had led a class and she was a little nervous. But she did a great job and I am sure this is only the beginning. And of course she made a lot of us hungry to launch into a new area we had never been. These are the ladies looking over her samples, books and tools she uses.
These are a couple of samples. I am making the one on the right. I am piecing the pinwheels by hand.


Each month we have a block drawing. This month was Easter. I used bunny material and I made a cross. The cross is very meaningful to me and puts me in remembrance of what He did for mankind.
My flying geese came out perfect. I used Flying Geese x 4 ruler by Lazy Girl Designs
Very easy to use. You can make 4 at a time in 12 sizes. No Math, No Waste and No triangles to cut. 1/2" seam allowance included. The winner this month was our President Barb.
We are a busy club. We had two new members this month giving us a total of 20. There are always many ideas of new projects.

No comments: