Saturday, October 3, 2009

Casey Fall Retreat

A sunny Fall day 10 of us from Casey Quilters headed to Helen's home armed with machines, material and everything that goes with quilting for 2 days. Helen, our hostess so graciously offered to cook our 5 meals. She out did herself with a full turkey dinner, biscuits that melted in your mouth, pies and on and on. Our project was Christmas Star. There were a variety of sizes depending on what their use would be. So here are a few pictures of our wonderful time together.

PLEASE NOTE: This blog updated the blog posting and for the life of me I cannot get to put the description in some of them....and the spell check is gone. herry is pictured with her '22' pillow cases she completed. Janice is pictured with her adora
Two different sizes. The smaller one was done in EQ6 by Sue R. Helen's was the larger one. That is the original patterns 29"x70 table runner.
This was Barb's and she had the cutest snowmen material that will border it.
















Kay's who host's Casey's Q twice a month.







This is Sue's pillow case in an adorable print. We had a lively discussion whether the print should face up or down...She has it the way she likes it..and of course it was the right way!! (smile) We love to kid with one another. We have lots of laughs!!
Margo, Kay and Sherry at dinner...I promised the gals that when their pictures do not come out good I will not post. The were 3 others ....But!!!!

These are a few blocks that I worked on for my grandson..The pattern is a Theresa Star that I did at another retreat for my brother. This one is done in blue's, purple's and grey center.

Sue R. was re sized on EQ6 and a very nice size. Really nice!! She finished first and was excited about that....we have a few finishers but most of us take a little longer.

(aboved) My block that I am going to use for a topper for both my washer and dryer. I will add on to them and make them larger. Not sure how I will finish them off yet.

Helen, our hostess, Chris, Laura...a table fit for a queen!! Her beautiful home is shown above, the back yard where her husband stores the wood for winter. The house was designed by her and so lovely. It was truly a wonderful weekend with friends.

3 comments:

Marilyn said...

Hi Margo, I haven't stopped by your blog in awhile. So glad you got to go on retreat and it looks like you and the ladies had a wonderful time. Our little yorkie is doing very good and we are enjoying her.

SueR said...

What a nice write-up of our retreat, Margo! You always do such a good job, and I really enjoy reliving it.

Linda C said...

A friend pointed me to your blog to see the wonderful section at your quilt show with the Fool Around Fun quilts you all made. I paged down a bit further and found this post about the fall retreat. You all look like you are having a ball!

I am also fascinated with the Theresa's Star you are making for your grandson. Very guy-like colors. Could you share your pattern source? We had found the one for the Fool Around Fun---well, Norma did, LOL. I shouldn't take any credit for her fine surfing abilities. TIA