Monday, September 21, 2009

A Wild Rose



So much nicer on the bed than hanging because of the heavy stitching



Finally Finished!! I put the last stitch in last night around midnight. I took the pattern from Old Fashioned Patchwork magazine, Spring 1994. Called 'A Wild Rose' I used the flower pattern only and finished it off different. I had the blocks around for a long time so decided to just sew them together and put the border on and finish on my quilter. Every quilt is a learning experience for me and I guess that is what it is all about. With so much stitching in it it hung awful on the line so I put it on a bed which was a lot nicer.  My friend Sue saw a label done this way so I tried it..Another one down for the year!!  PS-I changed to a new look for posts and am having a hard time with it......forgive me for the way it is lined up

5 comments:

Ida13 said...

I love it!

DAWNIE said...

You have done an amazing job. Is such a reward to finish a quilt and to look at the end result. Love how you bordered your label.

Elsie Montgomery said...

Nice finish! And your post looks okay to me. It is lined up just fine. I suppose different monitors and browsers make it look different than what you see?

SueR said...

Way to go, Margo! Hey, I like that label!

Margo in Maine said...

The label is your influence Sue...liked the way it looked..lst one is always the hardest....thanks