Can't have a quilt show without vendors and a place to spend our money. This is a view of 1 of 4.
This is Koleen Painchaud's corner..she designs her own patterns, and I did not realize but took many pics of her quilts in the show...check out her website. She also has retreats for quilters.
Some of the charity quilts that our club did that will be distributed after the show. My Granddaughter Alli who also had done one.
Ameriquilt with Star Spangled siggies by Karen Viega.
Ameriquilt was created as part of an online Y2K group swap in 1999. That swap resulted in the exhibit Y2K Quilts" A MILLENNIAL CELEBRATION which was featured at the 200 International Quilt Festival in Houston. The quilt features 200 squares, rectangles and triangles and 100 signature squares representing all 50 states, Washington D.C. and many U.S. military bases around the world.
Ameriquilt was created as part of an online Y2K group swap in 1999. That swap resulted in the exhibit Y2K Quilts" A MILLENNIAL CELEBRATION which was featured at the 200 International Quilt Festival in Houston. The quilt features 200 squares, rectangles and triangles and 100 signature squares representing all 50 states, Washington D.C. and many U.S. military bases around the world.
Farm scene-do not know who did it...
My Flower Green and granddaughter
Pumpkins in the Garden - K Painchaud
Hand pieced and appliqued and her design.
Snowman Collection - Sherry Flagg
Simone's Garden - S. Long-7 years old, granddaughter of Pauline Smith, chose her own fabric, sewed her blocks and Gram helped her put it together and it was quilted on her long arm and Simone did some of the quilting. Quite an accomplishment for a little one.
Reminiscence - Koleen Painchard - hand appliqued.
Scrappy Stars - Diane Dixon (trust I have this name correct as I could not make out the tag)
Orange Crush - Sue Rapalus
Fire Storm - Donna Webber
'Where I came From' - Beth Corey-Smith
72 Blocks of the Past - Alvine Creamer
10 comments:
Thanks for sharing this show with us. Some real beauties!
Beautiful quilts. Looks like a great show!
Enjoyed the show! Your granddaughter is a pretty girl!
Margo.. it is wonderful to see such glorious quilts. Thanks so much for taking the time to share your time with BRQ's
Wonderful work for such a relatively small show! And I am sure that Sarah's presence added a lot to the enjoyment of the visitors and participants.
Thanks for sharing your photos.
Margo,
Thanks for sharing your quilt show! We only have one quilt show per year in my area so it is nice to enjoy others. How wonderful!
Budsgram from Quilt with us!
Seeing all these gorgeous quilts made me wonder what you do with them after showing them. Yes, I know you use them and you sell them, but I am wondering if there might not be a few that could be used (or made) for people who really need to keep warm. I just posted information about the projects of Afghans for Afghans (right-hand column on my site under Ways to Help). And of course, any of the orphan sites (also listed) would be happy to have some quilts. I know yours are special, made for beauty, but if someone in your group has some extra time and wants to make something durable for a very good cause, the need is great. (Just thought I would mention it -- in the event that folks had not already thought about it and/or are already doing similar things.)
And did I mention -- you have a great talent!
Elizabeth...thanks for your note..I have sent you a personal email...we had 50 quilts that were donated to several organizations...giving brings joy to the heart...thanks again for visiting...
And I sent a personal note back. God bless you for all your kindnesses to those who need some warmth.
Beautiful quilts, thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment