Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Heavenly Sunshine II in process

I Quilt Because:
I love the big laugh I get when
people ask me why I cut big
pieces of fabric into little
pieces and then sew it back
into a big piece.
The truth is only us quilters understand the process and the reward it brings. Here is 'Heavenly Sunshine II' top finished. This is for my niece who lost her mom, Tracy, last year. I had made 'Heavenly Sunshine' and the older niece will have that. It is not exactly the same but I did use blue and yellow's and gave it a similar look. I was fortunate enough to find the same material as the first one for the back. If you scroll down through you can find the first one I did. This is my design I used on both quilts;.

4 comments:

Sunny said...

Hi Margo! Thanks for stopping by my humble little blog. This gquilt is just gorgeous! I absolutely adore blue. One of my "to-do" quilt is a blue and yellow.

Barb D said...

Lovely quilt Margo - the hand applique gives it a nice touch! Gee, I like blue and yellow too!

Beth French said...

Your applique design is really nice. Love the blue and yellow.

Anonymous said...

Dear Margo,

Thank you for your visit. I can see that you are an experienced and quite talented quilter. I have been learning to quilt this year, hence the bags; but I have not reached the your level yet :)

I truly enjoy seeing the beautiful handwork of the ladies in your group.

Thank you for sharing,

mari