Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Heavenly Sunshine on the board-Haying

On my design wall is what I am working on for a niece in memory of her mom who lost her battle to cancer last year. I had made one called 'Heavenly Sunshine' for her but there are two daughters and I wanted them to each have one in yellow and blues with a touch of green as those were her favorite colors.There will be white panels of needle turn appliqued flowers that I have designed to fill in the spaces. The older will have her mom's and the younger will have Heavenly Sunshine II. I am still working on placement etc. I use my camera and it will show darks and lights very well and helps me to arrange effectively. This is the loose drawing of my flowers I will use for panels.
Life goes on at my house...I have been trying to clean my quilt studio, It has taken me awhile because of some physical challenges. You never know what you have until you put order to it. I finally have all my yardage 1 yd and over marked and all fat quarters and pieces color coded. Below is my main cupboard, and of course, I have other bins with projects waiting to be done. I am not good from pulling from my stash and need to improve in that area. Oh but isn't it fun to shop for new material. There is always room for more.
I tried to move this pic to the top but it would not budge. My hubby is a farmer, he has had cows since he was 14 and I tell him it is in his blood. As a young woman I said, "I would never marry a farmer", but never use never, it is my little joke and we laugh about it. And I tell him I fell in love and then found out he had cows but I did not smell the 'special aroma' on him. And 50 years later here we are and it has been one of the richest life's especially watching our 2 boys farming with their dad. He is retired and can enjoy 'his girls' as he calls them. Haying has been very slow this year because of the weather and this is the first field that was finished and it was such a beautiful sight I could not resist this shot even though the sun overshadowed the bales. Of course, there is a stray bale, always one in the crowd. It reminds me of my friend, Sherry who calls herself a rebel in quilting as she is always readjusting a pattern and making it her own. And quite nicely I might add.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

I really do like your Heavenly Sunshine quilt, beautiful colours. I always love to see other people's storage and the fabric they have, it's a real room decoration in itself. Living on a farm must have been very hard at times, but the scenery should sometimes make up for it I'm sure.

Beth French said...

Margo, I can just smell that hay! Good luck with Heavenly Sunshine, I love those colors, too.

Candace said...

Very nice quilt, and your closet is so neat and organized. I enjoyed the story about you and your husband, and the picture of the field and the hay.