I looked out my back window this morning and perched on a birdhouse was this bluebird. We have a pair this year that are staying close by. We also saw a turkey with 12 baby chicks that found its way on our lawn on Wednesday and of course, I did not have my camera ready. We had a woodchuck with at least 3 babies and they scattered so fast I could not believe what I was seeing. And this morning my husband saw 3 deer standing in the field he had mowed and baled this week. God's creatures how awesome! It is always a delight to see them meandering around in the back of our 35 acres behind the house.
Friday's schedule is a workshop 'Christmas in July' Workshop with one of my groups that meet throughout the summer. The project is called Poinsettia Pot Wall Quilt. I will be using greens/reds etc. to make a wall hanging with a potted poinsettia in the center and framed by Courthouse step blocks and scrappy square side borders. I was going to pull from my stash but could not resist all the new selections at the quilt shop. Need to get going and get it cut out.
Season's of Life are short. Enjoy today!!!
3 comments:
Your bluebird picture reminds me of one of my favorite photographs
"The Mad Bluebird".
http://tinyurl.com/649ykq
Wow, Margo! In addition to a great writer and quilter, you are also a great photographer! What a wonderful photo - I try to keep my camera ready for such rare opportunities as well, however, I don't always see them in time!! We have a pair of loons here on the pond but they rarely get close enough to photograph - pooh!! I do see beaver and muskrats, sometimes a snapping turtle will go by, and of course the deer and fox. Last spring I videotaped a moose swimming across the cove. Lots of birds at the feeders too - I did get pictures of some of those - in the winter also! I love watching nature. And capturing on film when I can!
What a perfect picture of the bluebird. I can't think if I've ever seen one before in our yard. Don't you just love watching the wildlife?!! Your fabrics for the potted poinsettia wallhanging are really pretty--can't wait to see the top. Have fun at Kay's!
Post a Comment