Monday, November 30, 2009

QuiltCut2 - Christmas projects

This is my new tool that I purchased from Choppin Cotton. I was at a retreat recently and a couple of the gals were using QuiltCut2 fabric cutting system. They cut very accurately and with a lot of ease. A video comes with it plus an instruction booklet. It will be fun learning it. Don't you love new gadgets!!! My Christmas present to myself.I found 'the three stooges' fabric so decided it would be a fun fabric for grand kids. Great to shop for fabric to see what you can come up with. I learned how to make these the easiest way and very quick. Cut:

27" for Body (WOF)
10 1/2" for Cuff (WOF)
2 1/2" accent strip (WOF) (folded and pressed)

Leave WOF until you have sewn and turned.

Layer - Cuff right side facing up
Next - layer Body facing up
Last - accent piece laid on top
( you will have raw edges)

Roll the body into a hot dog. Do not bring to edge.
Bring the cuff up over the hot dog to the
edge...Pin and sew using a good 1/4" seam or more.

Then reach in and turn. finish off with french seam
or zigzag. You will have the easiest and quickest way to make PC.

I was suppose to make an ornament to share at a group. This is my attempt. So I chose my fabric and made a patterrn. The first one had branches too sharp and it was hard to turn and did not lay flat. The second one was not sharp enough. So they are on my tree and not to be given away. It was the same technique I had used for the pumpkins I made a few months ago. Layered batting ...then background right side up and top right side down. Sewed on the inside of the lines I made with a black marker from the pattern I made ....left a couple of inches to turn. The first one I remembered to put the ribbon on the inside before I sewed for the hanger but forgot on the second and just sewed the button and hanger on together.....


3 comments:

Beth French said...

Your ornaments are very nice! Do you have your tree up already?

Elsie Montgomery said...

Ooh, those are dandy ornaments. Why does December come so quickly though? I'm not done with August yet!!

Candace said...

Looks like you've been very busy. Your new toy looks like a real timesaver, and your ornaments are so cute. I love your pillowcases, I need to make a few myself.