Thursday, November 5, 2009

Scent of Spring..Live Simply

"Live Simply" ...when I saw this I knew I had to make it to hang in my kitchen. It is from Humble Handwork by American folk artist S. West. Hand embroidered and stitched in the ditch and finished off like a large quilt. 'Scent of Spring' from Fabric Trends Spring issue 2009. I saw this and began to collect batik fabrics. I used a little different variation of color than they used but am very satisfied with it. It is hung going up my stairway. Size 25" x 36"....machine quilted, flowers are buttonhole stitched by hand and stems by machine. These were fun projects for me and now down to business to get those Christmas presents done for others.

2 comments:

Deb said...

Margo I didn't realize that I am following your blog!! just saw these wonderful wallhangings on Connecting threads.. they are just beautiful

Elsie Montgomery said...

Very nice! I love the "Live Simply" philosophy. Doing it is a bit more of a challenge. Having a nice reminder is a good idea. The batik flowers are nice too.