Saturday, October 17, 2009

Playful Pumpkins

This is called Playful Pumpkins taken from QUILT magazine. I had been collecting some oranges and got this wonderful border last year. It is done with lite and heavy heat 'n bond and machine stitched on edges of pumpkins. Size 12"x15 1/2". I am not really skilled when doing quilting on my domestic machine. But it is DONE!!Our Casey Quilters and Sewing group met yesterday. It was 'Our Annual Pumpkin Fest Sewing Day'. Each one was to have a pumpkin project. And we ate all day beginning at 10:30am and finished with dinner. Our menu is below. The food tasted as if had gone to a specialty restaurant. Everything was unique and delicious!! Have you ever felt water logged...well, I felt pumpkin logged all night long!!! But would not have changed anything.


  • Pumpkin Muffins
  • Pumpkin Soup

  • Pumpkin Lasagna

  • Pumpkin Pie

  • Spinach salad with roasted pumpkin seeds.

  • Pumpkin Gingerbread Trifle

  • Pumpkin Fudge

  • Pumpkin Dip

It was a great day for all of us!!! I intent on getting mine done did not get any other pics.

4 comments:

SueR said...

Very cute, Margo! I love the border fabric, and I also like that background fabric.

Elsie Montgomery said...

Pumpkin - great taste and a super color! Cute quilt too.

We had our Thanksgiving yesterday due to family being away last weekend, and I made pumpkin cheesecake. It was a big hit.

btw, if you limit your posts, your blog will take less time to load. You can do it in the settings.

Linda C said...

How cute, Marg!

What a clever idea to use pumpkin as an ingredient in each of the entrees! I know I have often come upon a pumpkin soup recipe and wanted to give it a whirl but then I read recipes like one would a novel, LOL.

With your help I was able to track down that Country Threads pattern, it arrived yesterday. I will be a fun seasonal quilt to try once I am done with some donation top quilting. THX again!

Margo in Maine said...

I have no problem loading...I changed to an updated version and it would not let me write where I wanted so I switched it back...also did not have the spell check....it is fine now...