Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Tacoma Quilt day

We are doing a challenge again this year that will be displayed at the July, 2010 Maine Quilt Show.We have all levels of ability and decided to have workshops demonstrating needle turn applique, fusible applique, hand blanket stitch, and machine blanket stitch. For many some of the techniques were new or we needed to bone up on them. The quilt chosen is Morningstar by Linda Hohag. We have other workshops planned to continue working on it.

We always have show and tell and here are a few from our talented gals..

#1. Helen's unique Christmas quilt.
#2. Kay's Ho Ho Ho!!! Getting a head start on Christmas.
#3.Janet is a new member this year and displayed this colorful hanging.
#4 Koleen's- someone gave her all these hearts and this is what she skillfully did with them. All hand appliqued. Very striking!
















It looks to be a very active year....we meet in the morning and then as many as can have lunch at a local restaurant. And there is also a local quilt shop that many of us frequent afterwards. There are about 25+ members. We all agreed it was a wonderful day!!!

3 comments:

Elsie Montgomery said...

September is almost like January in that it feels like the start of a new year. You are off to quite the start!
Blessings as you go...

Sara Casol said...

Hello Margo, I love so much your quilts and your beautiful green country. I'm an hand-quilting italian quilter, I come to USA every two or three years; I went in New England in 2004, from Boston I visited Lowell in Massachusetts, Portland in Maine, and Center Harbor in New Hampshire (do you know something special called "Keepsake quilting", don't you?). Have a nice quilting day
Sara in Padua

Beth French said...

Hi Margo, glad you are posting again. See you soon.Beth