Sunday, November 2, 2008

Theresa Star Done!!

I finally finished the quilt that was started at Casey Quilter's retreat last weekend. It is called 'Theresa's Star' by designer Theresa Eisinger. It is 64x71 and will be a gift after I quilt it. Had a hard time getting a picture as it is on an angle and I see it looks crooked. Just could not wait to post it. Will take a better picture eventually. There is more information about the quilt plus others who took part if you scroll down to next couple of entries. Also posted a close-up.


Below is a small quilt using the trimmings from above quilt. This was done by Sherry Flagg, the instructor. I have mine all sewn together into half triangles and will add sashing. I just have to size up and decide what I want to do. It will have to wait until after Christmas.


I have an album of all the quilts I have made over the years, the size, the recipient and a description. It is fun to go back and see all that I have done. I started quilting in 1973. I took a class with Cindy Black who had a class at our local high school. I got hooked and enjoy it more each day. Cindy owns Busy Thimble in Litchfield and has wonderful reproduction fabrics. It is always a joy to go there and I always come out with something.



2 comments:

Candace said...

I love it, it turned out great. Plaid in quilts is a favorite of mine, and the dark solid really sets it off.

SueR said...

I love how your quilt turned out too, Margo, and I especially like what you did with the white and green borders. It's different and looks really great. Wonderful, and it'll be fun to see all of them. Hope to see you Friday.