Monday, August 10, 2009

Justin's quilt

I promised myself that I would make a quilt for each grandchild when they graduated High School. Justin is 24 so this is long overdue. Justin is a sports fan and he wanted bright blue and purple so when son, Mike was home we went shopping and he helped pick some of the fabric. I added the browns etc. The pattern is 'Fool around Fun'. Now to get it on the quilter and done for Christmas. I have one more to make for Matt, 21. It is only August ...wow I am doing good!!!

8 comments:

Beth French said...

Looks like stained glass! Great colors.

Elsie Montgomery said...

How colorful! I want to make everyone in my family a quilt too... but know from experience and your experience that maybe it is not a good idea to be too rigid about deadlines!

Happy quilting!

Elizabeth Mahlou said...

Your quilt makes me homesick! I am a Mainiac (don't know if they still call people from Maine that, but we did in my day) long ago displaced to California. My grandmother made quilts like that, and so did my mother -- and, by golly, I know how to make them. Ma made sure of them. However, when you are living in California and working full time, you just buy blankets, the uncomplicated kind. Enjoy your quilting -- and Maine.

Candace said...

What a great quilt. I'm sure he will love it.

Marilyn said...

I agree it looks like stained glass! Your grandson should love it.

SueR said...

That turned out great, Margo, I love the print. Getting a jump on Christmas, huh? Good plan. Also good the kids don't read your blog!
See you next month.

Elizabeth Mahlou said...

I have to relay a marvelous quilt story to you. My older daughter sent me a note a couple of years ago and said that someone had contacted her on facebook and asked if we were her parents -- it was someone we had lost touch with when she was 3 years old (and she is now 37)! She replied that we were, indeed, the same family. The information that the contacting couple used to identify themselves was that the wife was the one who had made a special "train" quilt for her younger sister when she was born. And my daughter remembered!

Anonymous said...

The quilt is so beautiful. I love your blog and will be back. :)