Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Ohio Star Miniature

This is my Ohio star from the miniature class I took with Leslie Muir-Volpe a few weeks ago. Each block size is 1/2" finished . These are really small and it will be the only one I ever do. The white/red block are 1" finished and I did really enjoy that size. Plaids do not work close up. But it will hang near a vase of flowers and from a distance it will be fine. This was a learning experience and it was a great challenge. The block itself is 8" x 8"

2 comments:

Beth French said...

Oh, I like the polka dots! Nice job. I agree, the tiny size is not for me. 3 inch is small enough. It was a fun day.

Elsie Montgomery said...

I've never tried one this small, but I appliqued three seagulls on a quilt last night and was amazed that it was not as difficult as I expected. Did you find that?

Dear Jane has some tiny stuff too, which I did using foundation paper piecing. It worked fairly well.

Good job!