Saturday, March 14, 2009

Star BOM #13

This is #13 and I call it the 'block of blocks' because if all my blocks went together with as much difficulty I would not have ever got to this point..1. cut something wrong.. 2. re-cut and it went together awful... 3. went to EQ6 and paper pieced...4. My iron sputtered and ruined a corner square and by the time I tried to get the rust out the color came out.. 5. replaced corner piece and pressed the final time....so you see it was an adventure...IT IS DONE..PRAISE GOD!!!! It really has been wonderful and my first experience doing a block of the month. Of course, I have yet to do the many borders but I do anticipate the adventure and the finishing of this beautiful quilt. Thanks Judy.


This is the others blocks minus the 13th that is above...

7 comments:

Beth French said...

Beautiful, what an accomplishment! Do you have a favorite?

Marilyn said...

So sorry you "had a time of it". Sometimes there are days like that. I have had a couple of those times with a few of the blocks--no fault to Judy--all the blame belongs to my own mistakes.

Margo in Maine said...

Marilyn ..Oh yes, it was my fault...I am laughing!!! Just another learning curve...I found I had changed to a bigger needle and also needed to use finer thread....and I am going to buy a new iron...oh the lessons we learn the hard way...Margo

Margo in Maine said...

Beth.. you asked about my favorite...my eye always goes to the checkerboard on the top row...but I really like them all...it is a great accomplishement for me...Margo

SueR said...

After all your tribulations, it turned out great. I love your fabrics, and I think your quilt is going to be beautiful. Can't wait to see how it looks with the sashing.

Marilyn said...

Margo, please visit my blog and scroll down and read about you under the award.

Perry said...

Sometimes they just don't go right, do they. Your blocks look gorgeous. This is going to be a pretty quilt. Like you, however, I am glad they are done.