A group of 15 ladies from
Backroad Quilters went on an annual retreat Saturday and Sunday to Camp
Kieve. We stayed in the very beautiful and modern Learning Center that
accommodates 20+ people with sleeping, dining room. This picture (taken from their website) is a view from the lower bedrooms of the lake. The second level is where we sew with windows the whole length. The scene has changed; the snow is gone, the lake is starting to open up, the mud is everywhere and lots of potholes on the road coming in off the main road.

We each brought our own projects. I decided to do this quilt called 'Fool Around Fun'. It is a scrappy quilt. I used two charm packs from
Moda. 'Rites of Springs' and 'Peace on Earth'. I usually work from a design wall so found it hard to put together without a visual. The striped material was something I had bought for a friend but she decided to use something else and it proved to be the one that made it 'pop' as we say in the quilting world. There are several of us doing this quilt and they will probably be displayed in the state quilt show in July.

One of the highlights is our visit to the area quilt shops. We always go to Maine-
ly Sewing in
Nobleboro at some point of our trip. I am doing 'Under Cover' quilt at a workshop in a couple of weeks and so I put together fabrics I will be using. The off-white will be the main focus and instead of doing fusible snowman I found a wonderful design with snowmen that I will use.

Another shop we visited is Alewives Fabrics in
Damariscotta and they have wonderful bright cheery fabrics. Below is fabric I am using for a bag to carry all my big rulers etc. It is called the 'Duffy bag' designed by our President and copyrighted. I found some quilted fabric and added others to make the outside pockets. We all came home happy that we had accomplished a lot and we had more fabric for our stash.
2 comments:
What fun you have had! Love your quilt you pieced at your retreat. I am very much interested in the Duffy Bag (I think that's what you called it.) that your President designed. Does she sell the pattern? Thanks for visiting. I go on retreat March 16-18 with my group and the Dallas Quilt Show is this weekend. More quiltey fun!
Wow, the red in your retreat quilt really makes everything pop. I like your quilt alot. Barb is very talented, wish she would start an embroidery club. You would have done serious damage to your stash report this week, if you were keeping track...lol. Always fun to see the new threads.
Post a Comment