We got up this morning and it was a very light snow and so the thought was that not many would show up to our quilt meeting because of the possible slick roads. We all came except for one gal that was sick. Each month we decided to do a block with a theme. We would put our name in the pot for each block we made and the person whose name was drawn would get them all.This month was a heart that could be 6" or more and any technique you chose and signed. I chose to do a paper pieced block with an appliqued heart.

The winner was Pam....this was her first meeting and she became a member. What a welcome gift. We were so happy for her. She is a gifted quilter and we told her we expected it put together in about a month. (smile) Next month will be a Spring Block using pastels. Our chapter banner is behind Pam...

We always have show and tell....quilting projects, purses that some of the ladies had done at a workshop and this was Rayna's offering today. I had a full picture but I am good to the gals and I promised I would never show anything on the blog that they would not like. But I told her I would fix her up and so here are her socks she made...she is a gifted knitter and she always has something in hand that she is skillfully doing. There were a lot of laughs...

This was a quilt that
Kayleen did in an evening and we all really liked it so we decided to each make one using material from our stash. It is called
Fool Around Fun by Susan Fuquay. It is always good incentive when working with a group to get things done that we would not do on your own, and also enjoyable to see all the different colors that will be used.

It was a fun day...we were suppose to work on a charity quilt but forgot some of the elements and so decided just to enjoy one another. We are a small group of about 17. It was a great day and the sun was shining by the time we were headed home.
2 comments:
Some good ideas for groups here! Thanks.
Pretty valentine blocks, so many different ones. Lucky Pam, and on her first visit too. *Love* the socks!! Your quilt looks like it was fast to assemble.
Post a Comment