
Caleb-5 is the grandson of my friend, Betty. He had cancer and is now doing very well. He likes frogs. So I decided he needed a quilt. I had made strippy quilts for my grandchildren and great-grandchildren . They are rugged and versatile and he can lay with his dog, build a tent city, as little boys like to do, and it will not harm it. It can be thrown in the laundry and drier. I sew the binding on and do a fancy stitch on the front. This quilt is every mom's dream!!...you do not have to be careful with it. Except for the sun!! It is cotton and will bleach out easily. I did a meandering stitch on my short-arm quilter.If you would like to see pics and read Caleb's story it is on my other blog.
5 comments:
I'm sure he will love it. Nice fabric choices, as always, Margo.
Good for you... he will love it.
Oh how cute! I have a grandson named Caleb too. Your friend Caleb will love it! Wrap him with hugs and love from all quilters! I bet it was fast to put together!
What a sweet, sweet quilt! Please if you see Caleb--give him a hug for all of us.
Your strippy is wicked cute, my new favorite one you've done!
Post a Comment