Monday, December 29, 2008

Flowering Green

My goal for 2008 was to finish my UFO's. This quilt was started in 2006 and is bound and done as of Dec. 29th. It will replace one I have had on my bed for 15 years. A friend helped me shop for the material for my old quilt and then helped show me the process of making it. I was hooked although it took me a few more years to really get into it. (it is pictured at the bottom) I call this 'Flowering Green.' It was a block of the month started in 2006 at Whipper Snapper's a local quilt shop and designed by Mary Ann Florek. I have a short arm but do not have it set up to handle a queen size quilt. So I had a friend, Sherry Flagg machine quilt it for me on her short-arm. She has a business and does a beautiful job. I am so pleased with it.
Below is my first quilt...a log cabin. It is starting to become thread bare in a spot so it is time to retire it and add something new. Amazing how we make quilts for everyone but ourselves. So I decided it was time. Also note the angel over the headboard. My friend, Doll who taught me to quilt made it for me. This year has been a fruitful year. I have made 9 quilts and many baby quilts, table runners, wall hangings etc. I wonder what 2009 will hold? I still have UFO's lurking and waiting for me.
Blessings on this New Year 2009 to all who have taken the time to view this blog. I have so much enjoyed connecting with new acquaintances all over the world. Thank you for your time and your comments they have been greatly appreciated.

6 comments:

Barb D said...

Wow Margo - it is finished and very beautiful!! I too have a tubfull of UFO's that I plan to finish in 2009 - see you Friday!

Elsie Montgomery said...

UFOs seem to be the focus at the end of the year! I've a bunch too, and hope to finish them in the new year.

Your new quilt will look great on your bed! Nice job.

Happy New Year!

SueR said...

I just love those clothesline photos, Margo. Your quilt looks really fabulous, I like those colors alot--and Sherry did a lovely job quilting it, as always. You've gotten so much done this year, and it'll be fun to see what new things you start in '09. It's been fun blogging this year, hasn't it?

Elaine Adair said...

Lovely FINISHED project - congrats! And, Happy New Year to you. 8-)))

SueR said...

I came a-visitin' this morning to admire your strippies a little more... and noticed you joined the One Project a Month Challenge! I did that too! What will your first WISP be?

Zlaty said...

I am glad you made a quilt for your bed! You deserve it! I have been working on finishing my UFO in 2009! I have a lot of started not finished UFO. I like the picture of your quilt on the snow even now I am getting tired of the snow! Can't wait for the spring!
Happy Sewing!