Wednesday was our last meeting for the year. We had potluck and this is the group in attendance. L-R
First Row...Beth, President who has served us well this year and is always thinking of new challenges for us, Arlene our 90 year old who looks wonderful is a delight and has done a lot of hand quilting for the group over the years, Maggie, Treasurer who is a marvel with all her quilting, Carol who joined us this last year, her husband pastors the church we meet in. She has made some unique things. Back row ..Pauline who has won 'best of show' with one of her quilts and adds beautiful embroidery to her quilts, Judy, who retired and has joined us, always has something to show that she is working on. Donna, VP owns an ice cream shop but still finds time to do unique quilting, Bea, who bakes the best pies that the group has enjoyed has made some adorable quilts this year for her family,
Bev, who is quiet but does beautiful work and Rayna who always has something in her hands, knitting etc. These are all gifted ladies in their own right. The nice part is that we are all at different levels skillfully, different personalities and we have melded together in a special way this year and we have learn so much from each other. Missing is Lori, Andrea and myself.
This was a Sampler project that Beth challenged us with. We got a pattern twice a month and chose our own colors. A sampler teaches you some of those techniques you avoid and so it becomes a learning process. I started out with black and white. People kept saying it needed color...I decided to just start adding red and yellow. I got so excited about the material I had found that I just kept going. It just has to be quilted now. It is our summer project to complete.It will be fun to see all the different ones at our first meeting in September.

The word fellowship has lost most of its biblical meaning "Fellowship" now usually refers to casual conversation, socializing, food and fun..Real fellowship is experiencing LIFE together.
6 comments:
Marg, I love that Black/White quilt. It is gorgeous. The Lord has blessed your hands. Loads of love, Laura G.
What a gorgeous quilt ! And I so love what you said about fellowship. So true !
Hey Margo, it was fun to see the Tacoma quilters, I have wondered before who all was in that group. Your sampler really is spectacular. Do you know how you'll quilt it yet?
I just discovered your blog, and I love your sampler. It is one of the nicest I have seen. I'll be back as I think your blog is very nice.
I have been looking through your blog, and left a few more comments. I am really enjoying it.
Hello Margo, I am Myra Christie from Scotland and a friend of Judy Raymond's, Nena gave me your blog site and I do so enjoy it. It was lovely to see the photo of Arlene as I met her in 2000 when I was over, she drove me and other Tacoma quilters to a quilt show, quite a lady. Your site give me so much pleasure, many thanks. Myra c
Post a Comment