How beautiful the flowers are this year. This is the old fashioned rose bush that is at least 75 years old. It gives off the most wonderful fragrance. I am reminded of the the scripture 'the Rose of Sharon' that speaks of the Lord.
This is a close up of the Rose which is so intricately made.
This is one of my first peonies.
My appreciation of the beauty of a garden comes as a memory of my dad who worked a few years as a gardener. And of course, our family always had a vegetable garden and he spent many hours planting, weeding, hoeing etc. I remember picking beans and my mother canning in my younger years.
Have not done much quilting this week as my machine needs a minor adjustment. I also have worked off an old desk for years and it is time for me to purchase a table for my Janome. Tony's in Biddeford custom builds them, so will pick up mine on Monday. My studio needs a complete overhaul. I am a saver and I need to do some serious throwing.
I did add a red border to my black/white quilt (pictured in my last post). My husband thought it needed to be a little bigger, after following his suggestion I am pleased with the result.
God smiles when we praise and thank Him...
And then an amazing thing happens....
When we give God enjoyment,
our hearts are filled with JOY!
quote by Rick Warren
3 comments:
The rose blossoms are so full they almost look like the peonies. Your B&W sampler really is stunning, Margo. I'd love to see a photo of your table from Tony. I have been contemplating some kind of a new table myself.
Love your blog! Your quilts are beautiful, love the colors! And the roses, oh how I love flowers! Happy Quilting Hugs, Mary
Found your blog thru The Quilting Booklady
I love your black/white sampler. I finished a black/white/red sampler myself earlier this year - the second quilt I ever made.
Post a Comment