My first finish. I joined the Jo(Morton) Little Women Club 12. I had none of her fabrics so have started from scratch to build a stash and now have a good amount of blue, brown, red and golds...and of course a touch of black....I find very few of her lights though....But I am off and running with my first one done. "Abbygayle's Scraps". Finished it by hand quilting.
My 2nd finish is my quilt group challenge 'Bargello w/a Twist. by Maggie Ball. It multiple blocks all the same and there are 21 different way you can lay them to get a pattern. It is a group challenge and will be shown at the Maine Quilt show July 26-28 in Augusta.
Close-up of hand quilting. I did a larger stitch and used
various designs throughout. It is 40" square.
My 3rd finish was something that was started in February 2004 and I finished the blocks in 2005. It was a block of the month at Busy Thimble, Litchfield. It had sat in a box to be finished for 7 years. Summer of 2012 I decided I had enough experience to put this together. It consisted of blocks from 4" and everything in between up to 20" with no layout
and I had to fill in the gaps.
It is called "OHIO COLLECTION" by Anita Shackelford/Thimble Works 2003.
It was quilted by Ann Woodhead. I just got it back a few days ago and was encouraged by
fellow quilter friends to enter it into judged section of the Maine Quilt show in July.
This eagle is the star of this quilt as far as I am concerned..hand appliqued...embroidery.
E PLURIBUS UNUM (means 'out of many one')
This is shown on its side because of the length 100" x 83
I am on the left and Ann is on the right.
I flipped this so you could see it right side up. Hard to see all the intricate pieces but you can get an idea. I had never done anything like this before so it was a challenge to me. Now I would find it much easier after years of quilting. So overjoyed to have it finally done.






2 comments:
I just love your Ohio Collection quilt, so beautiful. Love that little Jo Morton too, and your hand quilting is lovely!
Your Ohio Collection quilt is gorgeous.....look forward to seeing it hanging at Maine Quilts in July!!
Post a Comment