Thursday, March 22, 2012

Funky Folk Flowers

This is a class I took with Busy Thimble over 10 years ago. I had finished 8 blocks. This was a learning experience in learning 'how to ' do freezer paper needle-turn applique. The center blocks are 8" and 1 1/2" border. This was designed by Susan L. Powell 1998/99. I really stretched myself as far as choosing colors. The idea was funky folk.....I really am glad it is done and really like the result.


4 comments:

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

I will really like this Margo! I think you captured funky quite well with your fabrics and even the folky. I didn't know you had a blog. I'm Budsgram on QWU

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Margo...wow....that is just stunning, so much work

Cyndi said...

Absolutely wonderful work, Margo! I had really forgotten all about that class! If only you could show folks how Really Small some of the applique shapes are! After one does this quilt, she is ready for Anything!!

Barb D said...

I have seen this charming little quilt and believe me there are some really really really small pieces in it! Beautiful job Margo!!