Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Reversible Apron

Our Tacoma Quilt group met today and we had an all-day workshop to make aprons for those who chose to. This is not my cup of tea if you know what I mean. But I had this beautiful Christmas fabric given to me about 2-3 years ago by my quilter friend Sherry. She had been making aprons that were reversible with stitching that you could run the cord free so it would fit anyone. Today there were several patterns offered but I like 'simple' and 'quick' so decided to make this. Sherry was sick so I improvised and took a basic pattern and made a pattern and created this version. It really came out nice and I will give it as a Christmas gift. I never finish anything at a workshop but 'I did'...hooray!! Thank you Sherry for the inspiration. You can see the gals at our Tacoma blog.http://tacomalakesquilters.blogspot.com