Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Christmas Fantasy & Windmill Frenzy

Our Tacoma Quilt group finally had reveal day...Above is 'Christmas Fantasy' . It was a mix and match wall hanging. There were 5 elements. Theme: Christmas; Block: Sawtooth Star; Fabric: Plaid; Embellishment: Ribbon;. Nineteen of our group did them and had different choices that they drew. It is 24" sq.

Twelve of us finished this 35" wall hanging below. This was our mystery quilt that we received instructions over a 4 mo. period. We did not know what it was going to look like until the last instruction. Original name is "O Tacoma" by our Pres. Barb who designed it in EQ7. I decided to rename mine 'Windmill Frenzy'. It reminded me of windmills and I was frenzied a lot of the time...smile!!!

These were both fun to do. You can check out the rest of the designs on our blog for Tacoma Quilters

2 comments:

Elsie Montgomery said...

Nice job. I really like the Windmill Frenzy pattern. Is it available?

Margo in Maine said...

pleasantpondstudio.blogspot.com
She designed in EQ7 ...Barb D

You can check on http://tacomalakesquilters.blogspot.com to see more of the gals.