Friday, February 11, 2011

Twins Quilts - 12 yrs old

This is BQ2 by http://www.mapleislandquilts.com/ . My grandson, Joshua went with me one day to the quilt shop and saw the focus fabric with bikes and said, 'I want a quilt' so we found a pattern and he chose 2 fabrics that he said that looked like a boy. I tried to get him to the 'on sale' fabric but he did not see anything he wanted. He was insistent that these fabrics looked like a boy. He had them chosen in 15 Min's. ..amazing and lots of fun for me to watch him. He is all boy and like the trucks, trains, helicopters etc. I was at one of the kids basketball game and he turned to me and asked me 'have you got my quilt done'. Now I have to get it quilted.
His brother, Jacob wanted Red and Orange and I have been thinking about what to do. This was a mystery quilt that I did with planet patchwork. It is called 'Squares the Center' by Diane. When I saw it I thought great coloring.The black has multicolor dots with orange so will add. Now to decide how to make it bigger.






2 comments:

Elsie Montgomery said...

Very cool. Those boys sound like keepers too!

Candace said...

Great quilts. Reminds me of when my grandson was little and his mom was making him pajamas. He wanted to wear them before she even got them cut out and hounded her until they were done. At least she knew that he appreciated and loved them, lol.