Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Snowman - Casserole Cover

This was such a fun project. Embroidered and little white buttons. 10" x 12"....This will go in my Black/White kitchen in the winter. cute...cute!!!
This is a casserole cover to hold those large 9" x 12" pans you want to carry. Just recently I was headed to a quilt gathering and I had a hot gingerbread in a 'round' casserole holder. Well, you know what happened when I got out of the car. It went crashing down on the driveway pavement and broke into many pieces and of course, I slivered a finger that bled and bled and I was near tears. I decided that I would make a cover and that would not happen again. So I found this wonderful 'rooster fabric' and lo and behold here it is. Now I can safely transport that large glass dish. It was quick and easy to make. I cross-hatched it with stitching first with warm and natural and then cut it out.

3 comments:

B J Elder said...

I love your embroidered snowman. Very cute. I'm sure it will look great in your kitchen this winter. Hadn't stopped by your blog for a while. What a great picture of what I assume is family on the tractor. Would make a great art quilt!

Linda C said...

Such wonderful things to see on your blog! Quilt show shots and all.

Your snowman will go perfectly in your black and white kitchen. The buttons add so much to it too. Would you mind sharing your pattern source? I love to do embroidery, in any color thread, LOL.

Silverthimble said...

I love the snowman black work. Do you have the pattern details?