
This is a challenge by Tacoma Lakes Quilters that I have finished. It was originally called 'Morning Star". Designer Linda
Hohag. I changed the name to "Midnight Ecstasy" it is 64" x 64". It shows pink but is actually an orange red and I used different backgrounds for each center block.....the flowers/stems.leaves are done using needle turn applique. I fussy cut the setting stones. This will go along with 12-15 other quilts in the
Maine Quilt Show in Augusta July 30-Aug. 1. Everyone is different and all so unique.
BELOW is the mini quilt 12" x 12" that I made from the left over wings of the flying geese. I sewed them as I went and then
re sized 1 1/2". The idea for the layout is taken from Miniature Quilt Magazine Fall '93 designer Jill Holmes of Cumberland, Wis. I named mine "Midnight Bloomer".

Don't forget to check out post below of the 'show and tell' of our meeting with Tacoma Quilters yesterday. Until.....
5 comments:
Those are some amazing quilts! Love them both!!!!
Margo, you did a beautiful job. They are stunning. I enjoyed your post below. I am laughing about your husband. I don't think my husband "gets it" either. Thank goodness our president doesn't use a gavel! I have a link in my sidebar to our Wise County Quilt Guild. I posted pictures there from our last month's meeting.
Very nice, Margo! Midnight in Maine is noisy with peepers now, isn't it!
Beautiful, Margo! So different from all the other Morningstar quilts. You should put a pencil or a ruler or something for scale in the photo of your mini quilt, so folks can see how tiny it is!
What lovely quilts, I don't think I could pick a favorite. Love the name, too.
Post a Comment