Our group is doing a challenge and these are the ears off my flying geese. I sewed them as I went and are now resizing to make a mini wall hanging. The pattern was taken from Miniature Quilts Fall, 1993 created by Jill Holmes of Cumberland, Wisconsin, 'Green with Envy"(picture printed in black and white). The centers are fussy cut using the corner stones I used in my large quilt....will get it done in a week or so and will post.
We are having what is called 'Tasty Treat's. Two names are drawn each month with 20 gals participating and we choose 'what' and 'color' we want. Mine are twenty fat quarters in beautiful reds/white. The other winner chose yellow fat quarters ...it is a fun thing and we are excited!!
Thank you Ladies...I love them!!!!

Four of the girls decided to do a quilt by Jinny Beyer called 'September Sun'. These will be displayed in the Maine State Quilt Show in July. (note #4 is still in the process)
Thank you Ladies...I love them!!!!
Four of the girls decided to do a quilt by Jinny Beyer called 'September Sun'. These will be displayed in the Maine State Quilt Show in July. (note #4 is still in the process)
#1 Sherry who is standing on the left. Sherry has her own quilting business and does outstanding work in everything she touches. Gorgeous touch of brilliant blue!!
#2 Koleen (Below)standing on the right. Her words, 'I came out of my box in the colors chosen.' She is an outstanding quilter, designer, owns and operates an overnight get-away for quilters with all the amenities. She offers many services so be sure to checkout her website. My only words are 'my oh my'...Wonderful!!
#3 Sue (below)on the left who used Jinny Beyer's palette. You will want to check out her blog and see all the information she offers. Quilting, knitting and any special technique that she has learned. Wonderful!! Wonderful!!!
This month after 'show and tell' we had a workshop. Our project was ' Wrap it to go' demonstrated by Pauline. It holds a tablet of paper...pens etc.
This is the inside.

These are some of the ladies working on them. Pauline is at the right. Many made them at the meeting or got the instructions and will make them at home. It was a popular project.

Janet with her design she thought was wrong...it is great when a person takes a pattern and turns it into theirs. Very nice!! She is one of our newer members.
All three of these ladies are outstanding quilters in their own right and I have never seen anything I have not liked. Always done with expertise and with wonderful color combinations.
You will have to agree they are all gorgeous. All I can say is Awesome!!!!
These are some of the ladies working on them. Pauline is at the right. Many made them at the meeting or got the instructions and will make them at home. It was a popular project.
We are a group of 'hares and tortoise'....some finish fast and some slow. (YOU ARE suppose to smile!!!). I love it that our group is made up with all levels of quilters..none of us know everything and that is the fun part of it.
Maggie, our treasurer with hers in blues/reds. She has been in the chapter a long time and she is loved and appreciated.
Janet with her design she thought was wrong...it is great when a person takes a pattern and turns it into theirs. Very nice!! She is one of our newer members.
5 comments:
Wonderful Margo!! Thank you so much for posting and all of the wonderful photos!! Felt just like I was there too! I'm having a great time! See you all soon!
I loved your write-up, Margo! It was a fun meeting today!
Great post, Margo. I love all those quilts too.
I loved all the "eye candy". Just beautiful. You and your ladies are very talented.
I can't wait to see those quilts at the show. Beautiful in all the different colorways.
Post a Comment