Saturday, January 17, 2009

Climbing Vines

It was -14 degrees this morning here in Maine. I decided it was not a good day to go out even though I had made a commitment to a quilt group. My husband was away and we have a wood furnace that needs to be fed so I opted to stay home where it was warm and cozy. My friend Bren and I started a 'Weekend Quilt' from Thimbleberries by Lynette Jensen in 2006. It took a lot longer than we planned. I finished mine in April, 2008. She and I worked a couple of times this summer piecing it. Life gets busy and so I decided to take it out of the box and finish the top
It came out beautiful. The colors are darker than this picture shows. She has a couple of colors to add to it.

This is a close up of the detail.This is mine finished only in different colors. I hand appliqued flowers, leaves and vines and it is machine quilted by Ann.


This is what I missed yesterday at Casey's Quilters...they made covers for kleenex boxes. Kay just sent pic to me...aren't they adorable? Great job Gals!!

2 comments:

Lindi said...

Just found your blog...
I really like the quilts. That pattern is so lovely, and the colours look great!
I like the rest of your work, too.

Kathy said...

Very nice blog....I so wish I had a quilting group like you! Can't wait to retire.